Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Here'e to the crazy ones...


‎"Here's to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers.
The roun...d pegs in the square holes.
The ones who see things differently.
They're not fond of rules.
And they have no respect for the status quo.

You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them,
disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them.
About the only thing you can't do is ignore them.
Because they change things.
They invent. They imagine.
They heal. They explore. They create. They inspire.
They push the human race forward.
Maybe they have to be crazy.

How else can you stare at an empty canvas and see a work of art?
Or sit in silence and hear a song that’s never been written?
Or gaze at a red planet and see a laboratory on wheels?
While some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius.

Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do."

Goodnight my friends. I am logging out for the night. I am so sad at the passing of Steve Jobs and so I am calling it an early night :(
I leave you with my favorite Apple advertisement. Although Steve Jobs didn't write the lyrics, it does an excellent job of describing the brand, Apple, himself and the countless geniuses who have made Apple what it is today. Till tomorrow... ♥
 XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
This is a repost from facebook.  
Steve Jobs did amazing things; people figured he had to be crazy to do what he did.  He imagined a new world in computers then created it.  He made lots of money so it is OK for him to be crazy.

I survived a nightmare childhood.  I created a tag team of players that helped me survive.  People call me crazy.  But I don't make lots of money.  I just make pictures.  I raised a family with my DH.  People only think it is OK to be crazy if you are famous in some way.  A neighbor found out I was in counseling.  She made a crack that at least I was not one of those weird multiples.  I responded that I was.  She didn't speak to me for years.  She found out I was integrated and now she is talking to me again.  Did she consider the possibility that I don't want to talk to her?  I grew up in a world gone mad and I survived.  The person that did this served a few years in prison.  I have served over 45 years and I am still not out of counseling.  I know my current job would probably 'let-me-go' if they found out.  My last job laid me off since they were trying to 'save' money.  I was the lowest paid employee in my group.  Abuse is a horror that just keeps on giving.  I am glad Steve Jobs was a success.  I love using my Mac computer.  I am sorry he died.  I just wish people could see that being crazy isn't a crime just a way to survive. 

5 comments:

mulderfan said...

I've always been told by my FOO that I was crazy and my last principal called me a "loose cannon", then added, "But all you artistic types are crazy." (I admit to taking this as a compliment, but it turned out it wasn't meant as one!)

So here's to being crazy, Ruth! You're a great friend and a hell of a lot nicer than most of the so-called sane people I've dealt with in my life!

Hugs P/M

Anonymous said...

The ones that matter understand. :-)
~Judy

Ruth said...

Thanks mulderfan and Judy. I feel this is a reaction to a friend being told to commit herself to a mental hospital because the counselor didn't have the experience to help her. I discovered I am just furious with her F rated counselor.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ruth
It always shocks me to hear of such appalling behaviour, your neighbour should be ashamed. The sad fact is these people, somehow, think they are superior to those who are suffering through no fault of their own.
When my mother found out I was on medication for depression she said “well…There is always the river!”
I don’t think for one second you are crazy. It’s amazing how the human mind can develop this coping strategy. The trauma of those dreadful childhood experiences triggered this coping mechanism which deserves more understanding.

Yes I too was sad to hear of the death of Steve Jobs.

Molly

Ruth said...

Molly I am sorry your mother said something so cruel. Good for you getting the help you need. Thanks for your encouragement. :)