Sunday, October 30, 2011

Post went walk about

I struggle with memories and knowing what I did with something.  When I logged on tonight to look at my blog, last night's post was missing.  I knew I had done it.  I knew what I had done was gone back to a saved draft and finished one of the quotes I had saved.  I usually keep a quote for some reason that I responded to so I like to expand on the thought.  Sometimes I save them and think about them for awhile.  I finally found it back in August.  I changed the day but not the month.  So in a way you are getting a double post. 

Warm thoughts to those that are suffering from loss of power and early snow.  Beautiful thoughts to those in areas going into summer and sharing their beauty.  I think this is what makes the world such an interesting place.  In any given moment there are those having day break and others having sunset.  Seasons turning cold and others turning warm.  Unseasonably warm weather in some locations and early snows for others.  This complex highs, lows, swaying back and forth and each one of us in our own rhythm seems to create a kaleidoscope of emotions.  Coming late into feeling this vast array of emotions I ponder how do people keep up with all this?  I wonder if sometimes I dive into depression just for a break to keep some sameness for a time? 

2 comments:

mulderfan said...

Used to love living in the country when we got snowed in and the power went out. Of course, we were prepared for it so it wasn't too bad.

Melting enough snow to flush a toilet was a bit of a challenge! Now that I'm in "civilization" the best thing is we still have water when there's no power!

We boozers avoid emotions by, well, boozing! Early in recovery there they are and we don't know what the hell to do with them!

When the learning curve levels off a bit serenity settles in and at first seems kinda dull compared with the drama we used to have in our lives. I'm beginning to like dull!

Cheers! P/M

Anonymous said...

Ruth

As you may already know I love poetry and sometimes when you can’t find the right words a poem does it for you.

XX Molly


Give Yourself A Hug - Grace Nichols
Give yourself a hug,
When you feel unloved.
Give yourself a hug,
When people put on airs to make you feel a bug.
Give yourself a hug,
When everyone seems to give you a cold shoulder shrug.
Give yourself a hug,
A big, big hug,
And keep on singing…
Only one in a million like me,
Only one in a million-billion-trillion-zillion like me