Thursday, October 13, 2011

Guarantee to fail...

I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time.
Herbert Bayard Swope

One of the things I have struggled with is my 'people pleasing' tendencies.  I want to please someone else so badly that I would destroy myself in the process.  Their image for me was more important than who I really was.  By the time I went to counseling I was in a deep dark hole.  I barely knew who I was.

I now like the quote from Winston Churchill....
You have enemies? Good. 
That means you've stood up for something
sometime in your life. 

Check out mulderfan's blog.  I love it.  http://muldrfan.blogspot.com/2011/10/perfect-quote-for-acons.html 

4 comments:

mulderfan said...

OMG, Ruth!

My next post is Characteristics of a People Pleaser!

Ruth said...

Cool. I look forward to reading it. :)

Quinn said...

Hey Ruth,

Good quotes. Thanks for linking to the quote on mulderfan's blog, too.

Q

Ruth said...

Thanks Quinn. mulderfan's blog is great. She is a special lady who has encouraged me often. :)