Monday, October 10, 2011

Thoughts to share

‎"Never sacrifice who you are just because someone has a problem with it"
‎"Don't be perfect.
Be you.
Don't be what they think they want you to be.
Be what you know you are.
Don't look outside yourself for anything.
It's all within." ~ Jackson Kiddard


Facebook sometimes annoys me to no end, especially when they make 'improvements' that they never asked me if I wanted.  However, I am willing to put up with annoyances to keep in touch.  I also found Exceptional Living which posts some great thoughts and pictures. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very thought provoking
Thank you Ruth.

God moves in a mysterious way
His wonders to perform…

XX Molly

mulderfan said...

Most FB friends are good for inspirational thoughts and some really good laughs!

It also gives some good lessons on how to spot a narcissist. A few of my "friends" post endless pictures of themselves...every, single day!

Love the stuff you post, Ruth!

Hugs P/M

Jonsi said...

Love this! Love the quotes, and love your picking on Facebook. (I can't stand Facebook. Maybe I'm the only one in the world who does, but I hope it stops gaining momentum soon and dies a quick death. I think it's mostly hurting people, not helping them.)

Thanks for sharing, Ruth!

Ruth said...

Thanks Molly. I agree God is wonderful. I have worked hard to become provoking instead of just a mouse in a corner. Nice to know I have arrived. :)

(((mulderfan))) I hadn't thought of Facebook as a Narc detector. I think that is a great way to view it.

Jonsi, I only partially agree. I was dragged kicking and screaming on to facebook but discovered that I can keep in touch with people better than with email. I do love the Hide option. That is a glorious way to make things disappear that I don't want to read. Amazing that I feel like I now have friends world wide.