Monday, June 25, 2012

Chance to Change

“For what it’s worth: it’s never too late or, in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be. There’s no time limit, stop whenever you want. You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. And I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.”
― F. Scott Fitzgerald
Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change. ~ Jim Rohn

I am thinking a lot about change.  I am looking over the last few years and the tremendous number of changes.  I changed jobs, empty nester, more grandchildren, counselors, and more health problems.  Some of the changes I enjoy, some not so much.  I feel like my ability to feel grown with leaps and bounds.  I feel happier, sadder, more frustrated, sillier, angrier, more delighted than I ever dreamed possible.  Before integration I felt emotions but I was always fragmented and emotions could vanish completely and I wouldn't know where they went.  I feel like one of my photographs that are kind of flat and punched up the color so it is now over saturated.  I am kind of hoping to tone things down a bit and have it more even; or I need to hang on and embrace the adventure of what I am feeling.  I like Fitzgerald's reminder that which ever I choose is up to me.  I didn't integrate by chance.  I didn't change by chance.  I made choice after choice that put me in a different place.  If I don't like it, it is my responsibility to put more changes into motion.  If I do like something, it is still my responsibility to maintain and nurture that change.  Some changes were out of my hands.  The day I was told that my job was finished I had no control over.  What I did do was grasp the opportunity to finish my photography degree.  I am blessed by that choice.  The day KavinCoach told me he was moving I had no choice.  I did choose to start seeing NewCounselor and continue my journey to heal from childhood abuse.  Some choices are small and some are major either way these are my choices.  I like where I am going.  What choice do you have today that will get you where you want to be?

Jonsi answered this on her web page: http://jonsi-jonsi.blogspot.com/2012/06/ruth-over-at-we-are-one-got-me-thinking.html




5 comments:

Laurel Hawkes said...

Worked on Cover Art Input and editing. :-)

Ruth said...

Good for you, Laurel. :)

Jonsi said...

Oh, these are great, great quotes. I've hit a rough patch these past few weeks and this has lifted my spirits just a bit. Thank you, Ruth.

Ruth said...

Your welcome Jonsi.

Evan said...

I hope you find a place where you are happy with your feelings - whether it is a nice steady flow or an intense roller-coaster.

For me the next few weeks is about writing a course I think. I've been doing some reflecting and healing. So I'm not wanting to push myself into doing.