Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Detours

"For every failure, there's an alternative
course of action. You just have to find it.
When you come to a roadblock,
take
a detour."
- Mary Kay Ash

Click Here For Success Tip # 037


Plan B
Everyone should have a plan B in case of emergency.  Cool....great idea....then plan B doesn't work out either....then there is plan C and that seems to be roadblocked too....I kept trying alternate plans.  I became discouraged when I started on double letters.  Plan BB, Plan CC, or how about Plan AAAAAAAAAAAGH!

I learned to be a creative problem solver when my problems did not fall into the 'normal' category.  I once asked a friend what she thought about while driving.  She shrugged and replied the usual, did I remember to bring the coupon? What do I need to do today?

Really.

My busy little mind totally spaces all coupons.  I keep them until they are out of date...then I throw them away.  I drive down the freeway then get an awesome view of the sky and clouds and wish I could stop in the middle of the freeway and take a picture.  Or some past event lays claim to my thinking resources and I squirrel cage the thoughts with them swirling around without even finding the answer....

My friend on Facebook shared a piece of advice:
“You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened... or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the f*** on.”
― Tupac Shakur

Wow...not have a plan at all...just walk away....that's an option.... 

I am learning that part of a detour is to not go through the mess at all.  Some may howl but you learn so much by going through the muck.  Yes, I can.  But who says I can't learn something different by taking a scenic route...or a drive by a river....or wandering through the mountains.  I believe in self acceptance but I also believe that people are not like trees, it is our two legs that gives us the whole idea that humans are supposed to move around and change locations.  Sometimes I just need to get moving and the plans will unfold after that.   




2 comments:

mulderfan said...

It takes courage to walk away!

Ruth said...

Yes it does.