Thursday, March 14, 2013

Staying connected

I am learning that one of the challenges of coming out of depression is feeling like I am staying connected to other people.  In depression, I am too wiped out to care.  I don't want to be around other people.  I feel detached and other people just can't seem to reach me even sitting in the same room.  However, as I try to connect with others and break through that feeling of being disconnected, I struggle.  I discovered through a blessing of a friend the value of having something small I can keep with me.  Yesterday, I wore a necklace a friend gave me to work.  It isn't expensive, just a simple butterfly.  That reminder helped me stay connected.  When Kavincoach worked with me, he encouraged me to keep some of my favorite pictures of Christ close to me to help me stay connected.  Bits and pieces or pictures need to be small.  A photograph, a necklace, pennies from heaven, anything to remind me that I am not alone and people and God are important to me. 

Poem : Pennies from Heaven

By Georgy
http://www.turnbacktogod.com/poem-pennies-from-heaven/

I found a penny today
just laying on the ground
But it’s not just a penny
this little coin I’ve found
“Found” pennies come from heaven
that’s what my Grandpa told me
He said angels toss them down
oh, how I loved that story
He said when an angel misses you
they toss a penny down
Sometimes just to cheer you up
make a smile out of your frown
So don’t pass by that penny
when you’re feeling blue
It may be a penny from heaven
that an angel tossed to you

No comments: