Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Facebook Stomps a Trigger

One of the fascinating aspects of PTSD you go buzzing along and suddenly someone or something STOMPS on one of your triggers.  (KavinCoach assures me I am loaded with them.)  Your heart jumps into hyper-drive.  Adrenaline is pulsing like a tiger is chasing you.  All because some human at Facebook wanted to improve things Their way.  I was dragged kicking and screaming on to Facebook in the first place so I could keep in touch with my kids.  I eventually liked dropping bits and pieces of information.  I am keeping in touch with friends through out the world.  Tonight I opened up an email from  Facebook informing me that they are going to change my settings again.  D***it I like my settings.  That's why I set them that way.  So, I start off ticked.  Make sure all my settings are back how I like them then wham they have changed the whole freaking thing and took away my button that lets me switch to the view I prefer.  I repost the I HATE FACEBOOK page.  Furious because they stand between me and keeping in touch with people I care about.  FB announces at the top they are going to decide what my top stories are.  HEELLLLOOOO!!! I HATE SOMEONE ELSE MAKING MY DECISIONS.  (Yes, I am fully aware that all caps is shouting.  If you feel offended by my shouting...go play on Facebook.)  Two weeks ago my job was totally revamped with out any input by me.  Now Facebook is telling me what I think is important.  I am pissed.  I have MAJOR issues with control and they just slapped me in the face with how much they have control over my information and who they allow me to contact.  I hope every executive, programmer, engineer, or designer that had anything to do with this change all get flat tires so they can feel as frustrated as I do.  Don't mess with my settings. 


8 comments:

Laurel Hawkes said...

Psst... you can switch it back. Go to Accounts, then language, then choose English UK

Ruth said...

AWESOME. I got to try that. :)

mulderfan said...

The older I get the more I "like" IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT!!!

I know, I know...I'm shouting too!

Number One Nut said...

I'm agreeing with you 100% on this one! I wish facebook would just stop with the 'so called' improvements. I want to scream at them, "This is MY page, NOT yours!"

Ruth said...

Thanks to Laurel and switching my language to English UK I am back in control sort of. Annoying to be reminded who really does control my page.

((mulderfan)) That was my number one rule as a computer tech. People would ask about upgrading and I would ask if they could do what they wanted. Computers taught me that not all change is an improvement. :)

Thanks NON. Nice to have you agree with me. Frustrating thing is technically speaking it really is their page that they let us use. Bugged that they reminded me. So Narcissistic of them.

Laurel Hawkes said...

Sadly, UK has been turned to the dark side, as well. That being said, I have to admit I'm having fun with the English (Pirate) option. :)

Ruth said...

Oh Crumbs. Aaarrgggh!

Laurel Hawkes said...

Check the comments at Ladyhawkhollow, as computer guru Margaret had some helpful suggestions.