Thursday, September 22, 2011

Overwhelmed

Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died.

Sometimes I am just so overwhelmed by too much.  I know some people like the new Facebook.  I tried figuring out the changes but the constant changing bits and pieces are like tiny explosions in my mind.  I do not think quick on my feet.  I mull things over.  Process all the ins and outs then I can answer.  The way I did it was switch to the view that listed posts from now to the last entry I made.  I skim over some and read others.  Commenting when I think of something fun or just hit a like or a share.  The constant feed of more and more and more information leaves me unsettled and is not the relaxing time of touching bases with people I am learning to really enjoy contacting.  I like my friend that is super pro animals and encourages me to adopt more pets.  I know my limits but I so appreciate her enthusiasm.  I have an internet friend that is a writer.  She lives in the same area but we meet on facebook well after the time that 'Emily Post' considers a time to visit.  I hear from friends and family around the world.   Facebook rattled my cage.  Thanks Judy for the really funny pictures.  My favorite was the lady pointing a gun at the computer.  I laughed when I saw but had to go to your 'wall' to see it.  My world gets shook up like a snow globe and I struggle to keep my footing.  Something that people say is so 'minor' messes with me so completely.  Like the last drop of water in an over full cup.  Running over with frustration is not what I was hoping for.  Just sayn'.

Tangled Thoughts


  

6 comments:

mulderfan said...

If it weren't for friends like you, I think I'd abandon FB altogether!

Ruth said...

Thanks mulderfan, I agree.

Laurel Hawkes said...

Okay, I made a friends list and a page list. When I look at those lists, I see each group. It's separate, and I'm actually finding that easier than having them all together. I'll show you, if you like. :-)

Ruth said...

That would be great. I always feel foolish when overwhelmed by computers since I repaired them for 14 years. Dumb computers.

Laurel Hawkes said...

You taught me it's usually the computers fault, so take your own advice. :-)

Ruth said...

Thank you, I will. :)