Thursday, September 22, 2011

It's Official

This week I had some awesome highs that were wonderful.  See last Saturday's post.  Then the past few days with PTSD triggers exploding left and right I was having a really rough time.  Today, I had my counseling session with NewCounselor.  It is official, NewCounselor is awesome.  He helped me recognize that I did really well for the weekend and that I can celebrate my successes.  He let me not talk about stuff that was too much.  And then right at the end he helped with the stuff that is coming up that I want to do right but feeling a bit adrift on how to proceed.  He helped me gain perspective and let me explore ways to solve the things that were bugging me.  Added bonus I was feeling a bit worse for wear and the building he has his office has a lovely garden area that I can relax before tackling the drive home.  Plus close by was an ice cream place with wonderful chocolate ice cream.  Chocolate works great on the demetors that were attacking my mind.  I finished off the evening talking with my friend and getting email and fb messages from others that I care about.  Very eventful week.     

Keeping a sharp eye on things.

9 comments:

Number One Nut said...

So happy your week has gotten better. I find, both 'time- distance' and reflection go a long way in finding the truth to many things. Chocolate ice cream always helps, too.

Ruth said...

Thanks NON. Good point on Time-distance and reflection. Thanks for agreeing on the chocolate ice cream. :)

Sandy said...

This new therapist sounds fantastic. That garden is such a great thing to have so close by. I'm so happy for you :)

Ruth said...

I feel so blessed to have 2 good therapist.

mulderfan said...

I think that quite often "good" clients make good therapists. Give yourself a big chunk of the credit because you are receptive to suggestions and willing to do what it takes to move forward.

Sending a virtual pat on the back your way, Ruth!

Love P/M

Ruth said...

Thanks P/M,
I hadn't thought of it that way.
Smiles,
Ruth

Laurel Hawkes said...

I'm so glad you have such a great counselor. Chocolate therapy is a wonderful thing. :-)

Evan said...

Great to hear that NewCounsellor is so good.

Ruth said...

Thanks Evan.