Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Warm and cuddly

Love is the essential reality and our purpose on earth.  To be consciously aware of it, to experience love in ourselves and others, is the meaning of life.  Meaning does not lie in things.  Meaning lies in us. ~ Marianne Williamson

Tonight I received a beautiful gift from a friend I hadn't seen in several years.  We worked together at the same university over 7 years ago.  Neither one of us work there any more.  When we worked together, I enjoyed going to her office where she had a rocking chair that she would let me rock while trying to solve a computer problem.  Then I would head back to work after a few minutes in her homey office.  One of the sad side effects of depression is many people, me included, tend to pull away from their friends.  Sometimes just too tired to call back or get together....time passes....guilt builds up....then life just seems to go hurrying on.  Fortunately, my friend is very persistent and emailed me yet again.  I had missed seeing her other email while I was out of town.  She didn't give up on me.  She called and invited me over.  When I arrived she presented me with the most beautiful crocheted afghan.  I felt like my heart was wrapped in its warmth.  I am looking forward to visiting with her again and not wait so long to do it.


4 comments:

Cassandra said...

Thank God for people who know we love them and don't give up on us.

Judith said...

I'm so glad you have a friend like this in your life. They really are worth more than their weight in gold.

Janet said...

you can curl up in it, knowing you are wrapped up in friendship and love.

Ruth said...

I agree with all three comments, thank you.