Friday, February 22, 2013

Challenges

"Always make a total effort,
even when the odds are against you."
- Arnold Palmer
Click Here For Success Tip # 054



I love a challenge and I take them on.  One way both my counselors would push me to work was to offer a challenge.  "You came this far, will you stretch a little more?" MyCounselor offered the idea, "This was good, this is better, and this would be best." Always giving me a choice of what I want out of life.  The Blog of Impossible Things is offering the same thing take the challenge... Do something Impossible.  Last year I went with my daughter to a 5K mud run with obstacles.  My job was to hold my grandson while she and her friends ran.  They were all amazing.  This year for part of my Christmas present to myself I signed up for that same run and started training.  I just opened the email of final instructions for the race like sunscreen, ID, towel, and clothes I am willing to get really dirty.  I saved a pair of running shoes with a hole in the toe for this race.  When I am done, I'll throw the shoes away.  I am so excited.  Wednesday on my final big work out before the race I actually ran a mile.  I haven't run that far in probably 30 years, maybe longer.  I have scrunched, stretched, danced, walked, and run to get ready.  My goal for Saturday's race...finish....yup...that's it.  I already decided that my body will not go over the ten foot wall.  I think I could scramble up but my knees would never forgive me for the jump down.  Other obstacles will have me scrambling down, up, over, through, between, in mud, water, tires, and my daughter is going with me.  She is my trainer, encourager, and all around got off the couch and move cheerleader.  Thanks to her I have been dancing at a studio for 2 years.  I am so excited.  I can hardly wait. 

2 comments:

Kathy said...

It's going to be awesome! So proud of you!

Anonymous said...

Go,Ruth! You are an inspiration in so many ways!!!!! Good luck!