Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Keep going


"Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you
run into a wall, don't turn around and
give up. Figure out how to climb it,
go through it, or work around it."
- Michael Jordan

Click Here For Success Tip # 079
 

 I learned to do this in my life, I call it persistence. When I worked on computers I encountered many dead ends.  I would stop, start over, review my choices, and tackle the problem from another angle.  I love these quotes about rock and the water.  

http://www.theglobaloutreach.org/2009/10/persistence-constant-dripping-of-water-wears-away-the-stone-%E6%B0%B4%E6%BB%B4%E7%9F%B3%E7%A9%BF-shui-di-shi-chuan/
  Persistence: Constant dripping of water wears away the stone

 The fall of dropping water wears away the Stone. Lucretius

Persistence works for me.  I took care of computer labs for almost 15 years.  Fixing computer problems requires persistence.  I couldn't give up just because something didn't work the first time.  I used what I learned and applied it to my counseling homework.  I would read, study, apply what I learned, fail, get up and do it again and again.  KavinCoach once said that I needed to tone down my do or die attitude.  My simple reply, "I would have died without it."  I admire my ability to be persistent.  


No comments: