Saturday, February 23, 2013

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!

I did it.  5K with 15 obstacles.  The only obstacle I didn't do was the wall that I gave myself permission not to do before I went.  I climbed over 10 foot slatted walls, hoisted myself over four foot pipes (about 1 meter), scrambled over huge tires, sloshed through numerous mud puddles (rain from yesterday helped add to the mud puddle count), over and under short walls, swayed and lurched up 20 feet clinging to rope netting, generally pushed myself to the max both physical and mentally.  PTSD through in a few kicks of its own to make the physical exertion a way to defeat the emotional upheaval.  I rode home for an hour all the while feeding and playing with our grandson in the back seat.  Ate a lovely peanut butter and homemade strawberry jelly sandwich, showered, and crashed out sleeping for hours.  It was an amazing experience.  My daughter has most of the pictures on her camera since her camera is waterproof.  Besides this run was not a photo challenge but a physical challenge that tested me in so many ways.  My DH kept my time and said it took me about 1 hour and 10 minutes.  I was just thrilled to finish. 

The essence of the battle: me against the mud.


Me after I cleaned up.  The bag ways a ton from the amount of mud on my clothes.  You can see the water slide in the background.

5 comments:

Judith said...

Congratulations! That is quite the accomplishment!

Tundra Woman said...

Oh Ruth! That's just...fantastic! Congratulations!
You "da bomb" woman, you surely are!
Told ya you were inspirational ;)
TW

Jonsi said...

Yay Ruth!

This inspires me to get active too. It's such a wonderful accomplishment.

jessie said...

:)

Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You GO girl!