Monday, February 18, 2013

I love little children

Luke 18:16 But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.

 Matthew 18:1-6
1 At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?
And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,
And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.
But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

One of my earliest memories is singing to my little sister when she would cry while her diaper was changed.  Severe rash made the experience miserable for her.  I adored my own little children and they grew up to be amazing adults.  Now we are blessed with wonderful grand children.  I feel so blessed to be in their presence.  More than once I was accused of preferring them to adults.  In many ways yes.  They are so present and so now and so intriguing.  My daughter was chuckling over the pride her nephew felt for learning to jump.  In that moment she fully realized that children have to learn everything.  My opinion is that children have to learn everything but each one comes with their own little personality as to how they are going to do that.  Some are full speed ahead, I don't care how often I crash, I am going to go.  Others test the waters first, cautious, wanting to get it right immediately, frustrated if things don't come easily.  I still remember being chewed out by a teacher for placing pressure on my child to achieve.  I turned to the teacher with the reply, "You teach me how I can get her to relax and I will do it."  I have 6 very different amazing children.  I am fascinated by children.  I am enjoying working in the Early Childhood Education program.  Mostly I work with the teenage students learning to become preschool teachers.  Occasionally I am privileged with doing something with the small preschoolers.  Last year I played the Easter Bunny.  One of the little girls still waves and says hi to the Easter Bunny, me.  I think my grand kids are darling when they have had enough visiting and wave good bye in a not to subtle hint to their mom and dad it is time to go.  I enjoy children.  I enjoyed watching my own grow up.  I often felt like I was more of a hindrance then a help in their progress.  At church I enjoy working with the little ones so willing to learn and so busy.  I love little children and I feel like I am good at playing with them at an age appropriate level.  

Such cute little toes

Hanging out not knowing the meaning yet. 

What did I get for Christmas?

Emerging

What cha' doin, Grandma?

Daddy-daughter

Checking out flamingos at the zoo.

Discovering shooting water

Making music and messes with permission.

Made the table and chair strong enough to hold me and small enough for the grand kids.

Latest addition next to big brother

No comments: