Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Magical feeling

I visited with MyCounselor this evening.  It was great being able to share why I made the decision to stop counseling.  I am continuing my journey and feeling very excited.  I don't expect my life to be problem free.  I do believe I have the strength, resources, knowledge, and faith to carry on.  PTSD is one of those life experiences that just keeps on giving, part of the aftermath of abuse.  I am learning more about it.  I am also learning more about what it isn't.  It is tough but I am tougher.  It is scary and I might fill with fear but I know I can make it through.  I am not the only one facing PTSD.  It doesn't define me any more than diabetes defines a diabetic.  In my 30's it ran my life and I didn't even have a name for it.  Now, I run my life and I adjust for PTSD as needed but it is not going to hold me back from anything.  I am thankful to my two counselors that taught me what I was facing and what tools I needed to build a bridge over my troubled waters.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYKJuDxYr3I&feature=kp

Photo I found that I realized I am still thinking of yesterday's post:





Troubled Waters:




2 comments:

Tundra Woman said...

Well done, Ruth! Congratulations!
TW

Ruth said...

Thank you TW.