Saturday, July 5, 2014

Fun emails

Used to be that emails were fun.  This was one that I thought would share because I enjoyed them. 

> Alas,  where has all our innocence gone?
>
> While I  sat in the reception area
> Of my doctor's office, a woman rolled  an elderly man
> In a wheelchair into the room.  As  she went
> To the  receptionist's desk, the man sat there, alone
> And silent. Just as I was thinking I should  make
> Small talk with  him, a little boy slipped off
> His mother's lap and  walked over to
> The wheelchair.  Placing his hand on the
> man's, he said, I know  how you feel.  My
> Mom  makes me ride in the stroller too..'
>
> *****
>
> As  I was nursing
> My baby,  my cousin's six-year-old
> Daughter, Krissy, came into the room.
> Never having seen anyone breast feed
> Before, she was intrigued and full of  all
> Kinds of questions  about what I was doing.
> After mulling over my answers, she remarked,
> 'My mom has some of those, but I don't think  she
>
> Knows  how to use them..'
>
> *****
>
> Out bicycling
> One day with my  eight-year-old
> Granddaughter, Carolyn, I got a  little
> Wistful. 'In ten years,' I said, 'you'll  want
> To  be with  your friends and you won't go
> Walking, biking, and  swimming with me like you do
> Now. Carolyn shrugged.  'In ten  years you'll be
> Too old  to do all those things  anyway.'
>
> ******
>
> Working as a  pediatric
> Nurse, I had  the difficult assignment
> Of giving immunization shots to  children..
> One day, I entered the examining room to  give
> Four-year-old  Lizzie her needle. 'No, no, no!' she
> Screamed.  'Lizzie,' scolded her mother,  'that's
> Not polite  behavior.'  With that, the girl yelled even  louder,
>
> 'No, thank you!  No,  thank you!
>
> ******
>
> On the way back from a Cub
> Scout meeting, my grandson innocently  said to my son,
> 'Dad, I  know babies come from mommies' tummies, but
> How do they get there in the first place?'  After  my
> Son hemmed and hawed  awhile,  my grandson finally
> Spoke up in disgust, 'You don't have to make
> Up something, Dad.  It's okay if you  don't
> Know the  answer.'
>
> *****
>
> Just before I
> Was deployed to Iraq , I sat my  eight-year-old
> Son down  and broke the news to him.  'I'm
> Going to be away for a long time,' I told
> Him.  'I'm going  to Iraq .'   'Why?' he
> Asked. 'Don't you know there's a war going
> On  over  there?'
>
> *****
>
> Paul Newman
> Founded the Hole in the Wall Gang Camp for
> Children stricken with cancer, AIDS,  and blood
> Diseases. One  afternoon, he and his wife,
> Joanne Woodward, stopped by to have lunch with
> The kids.  A counselor at a  nearby
> Table,  suspecting the young patients
> Wouldn't know Newman was a famous movie star,
> Explained, That's the man who made this  camp
> Possible. Maybe  you've seen his picture on
> His salad dressing bottle?'  Blank
> Stares. ‘Well, you've probably seen his face  on
> His lemonade  carton.'  An eight-year-old girl
> Perked  up.  'How long was he  missing?'
>
> *****
>
> .... And my personal favorite is...........God's  Problem Now:
>
> His wife's graveside service was just barely  finished, when  there was a
> massive clap of thunder, followed by a  tremendous  bolt of lightning,
> accompanied by even more thunder rumbling in  the distance.  The little, old man
> looked at the  pastor and calmly  said,
> 'Well, she's there

No comments: