Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Step back or gentle acceptance

To say this past month has been a little rough would be gross understatement.  I dropped my boundaries when I should have kept them up.  I got sucked back into crazymaking, my sister posted an awesome article on that:
 http://theprojectbyjudy.wordpress.com/2014/06/30/emerging-from-broken-shared-on-fb/
My sleep took a nose dive.  I finally decided to call another therapist.  This one had a pamphlet in my dentist office.  Mother of my charming caring dentist that carefully makes sure I am comfortable and calm under her care.  Yea, I figured with a daughter that awesome the mother might be very nice too.  I met her today and I think we will work together for awhile.  I haven't had a woman therapist before.  I know why, I chose not to.  No mystery on that one.  I figure it is a good sign of my healthiness that I am not allowing my mother to influence what gender my therapist is.  Yup, I purposely chose to work with men before.  I am especially interested in her belief in yoga.  I took yoga in college upteen years ago and I liked it then.  I don't remember anything except a few of the poses.  I am trying to not view this as a step back as much as it is a gentle acceptance that I still have a ways to go.  I learn something new from each person I encounter.  I am hoping for sufficient improvement that I can start sleeping at night.  Getting enough sleep would be AWESOME. 

4 comments:

Judy said...

Definitely not a step back! This is fine tuning.

Ruth said...

Thanks Judy. I like your perspective.

CZBZ said...

" I figure it is a good sign of my healthiness that I am not allowing my mother to influence what gender my therapist is."

I am so happy to read this post, Ruth...it's definitely a healthy step forward, not a step back. I hope she does not disappoint. <3

Ruth said...

Thanks CZBZ