Friday, July 25, 2014

TW's request

I've had a crazy high low summer...extreme highs visiting family and riding roller coasters and extreme lows my Dad got a pace maker and my mother freaked out.  Survived it all.  I originally planned to spend many hours building my new webpage PTSD - Accepting, Coping, Thriving.  It is my way of taking years of research and making them useful to other people.  I lived with PTSD since I was 4 years old but I didn't have a name for it until I was over 40 years old.  I spent 10 years in counseling and hours and hours of reading my own research.  I wanted to turn the ugliness in my life into something useful.  I started with this blog and I will continue to chart my personal journey here.  Thriving is an on going project with many twists and turns.  I find this space and community of readers a wonderful support for me.  PTSD webpage is consolidating what I learned into a space that hopefully others can explore and comment.  TW asked me to post a link on this blog so that my PTSD page is easier to find.  So, over on the right-hand column under the scripture is permanent link.  I also listed the blog portion of the website in My Inspiration listing of blogs that I follow also on the right-hand side.  Many things I wrote here will show up there.  I will also bring things from that webpage and share them here.  I don't know where this adventure will lead but I do believe that thriving is best when shared.  Thanks to those that are already following my other page.  I look forward to many more adventures here and there. 






2 comments:

Tundra Woman said...

Thank you, Ruth. I really appreciate the link and you too!
TW

Ruth said...

I appreciate the nudge. Enjoy.