Thursday, July 10, 2014

PTSD Blog

I started counseling for our marriage over 10 years ago.  It rapidly turned to counseling for me since until I became healthier working on our marriage was almost impossible.  Then it became marriage counseling again and then I realized after all this I still have to cope with PTSD.  So I did like I usually do turned to Mr. Google and started researching.  This is when I started getting really frustrated.  There didn't seem to be a nitch for me.  I wasn't in the military.  Thankful their information is shared by others but they had a known enemy.  My enemy said, "I love you."  Others wrote PTSD blogs about being like you were before what ever brought PTSD into your life in the first place.  I don't have a before PTSD story.  Going back to 4 years old just seems a little ridiculous to me.  It doesn't fit my needs very well.  Others said I had to heal before I could have the good things in life....I didn't want to wait forever.  I was rebelling, I wanted a page that shared ways of coping and thriving as I go along in my journey.  I finally accepted that PTSD is with me for life and I plan to enjoy my life.  Out of frustration I started putting together more and more information.  I realized that if I really want to take the crap that happened in my life and make a difference...share what I learned.  Not everyone will be interested.  Not everyone will agree with my ideas.  But I am not writing to everyone,  I started a new information web page PTSD - Accepting, Coping, Thriving
http://ptsd-acceptingcopingthriving.com/
It is different than this blog that it shares information specifically about PTSD.  Many of the pages will be unchanging there for whoever is looking for information.  I will be using links to other awesome sites that I learn from, book reviews of what I find helps, and general information on how to accept living with PTSD.  I will have blog posts that become part of the static pages like this one:
http://ptsd-acceptingcopingthriving.com/2014/07/06/bread-and-butterflies/
I will share ideas from myself and others as to what to do to cope daily and nightly with PTSD.  It doesn't allow me a good night sleep.  I don't get vacations from it. I don't even get to go to the store without it.  It is part of who I am but does not need to define who I am.  A bit tricky when PTSD can so rudely interrupt my life.  I am growing stronger every day, I am learning more coping skills every day, I am thriving everyday and PTSD is still there.  I will continue to share my journey here with the day to day joys and frustration of living.  My PTSD based information will be over on my new blog.  http://ptsd-acceptingcopingthriving.com 
Come on by and visit anytime.  

No comments: