Thursday, July 17, 2014

Home again home again.....

..... jiggity jog.


Other than thunderstorms in Denver shutting down the airport, uneventful flights home. (Amazing to see planes and planes all lined up waiting for take off; we were number 40 in line.) I already miss my daughter and her sweet family.  I had a wonderful time of feeling loved and doing amazing stuff, an opera, roller coasters, sleeping under glow-in-the-dark stars, taking pictures, fireworks, bonfire, playing with two year old grandson, talking with my daughter and son-in-law.  Just exactly what a vacation should be, a total break from everything including TV and internet.  I did have a couple of times at an internet cafe to keep up.  I also learned to use my phone to stay in touch but trying to write a post on the phone is excruciatingly slow for me.  I am terrible at using my phone for communicating.  I am too deaf to talk on the phone for very much and texting typing is right up there with watching paint dry for fun.  Frustration level of trying to get my phone to post and approve comments was close to throwing the phone across the room.  This morning, I woke up on Ohio time instead of Arizona time.  Heavy sigh.....3 hours ahead.  Well, I am back and feeling happy and feeling rested and missing my daughter and her cute family and missing her home made bread and her cool weather.  However, I do not miss her brutal humidity.  At the zoo, I gained a whole new respect of heat with high humidity.  Fortunately, I remembered that the way to cool off is from the inside out.  Best money I spent was on an ice cream cone at the zoo.  Very expensive and smooth and cool and I felt like a new woman after the frozen goodness hit my stomach.  I didn't count calories but I did exercise....keeping up with a two year old can be exhausting, keeping up with my super fit daughter is so not happening.  Fortunately, she went to the gym and took me for walks.  I am not up to her 10,000 steps a day.  I now understand the value of a Fitbit http://www.fitbit.com/ to challenge yourself with a viewable goal.  Too easy to sit down and not do much when on vacation. 



2 comments:

Tundra Woman said...

Welcome home-sounds like a great vacation!
Rest up and we'll see you when you're back on"your" time zone ;)
TW

Ruth said...

Thanks TW