Monday, July 14, 2014

How to interact with an introvert

http://themetapicture.com/how-to-interact-with-the-introverted/

One of the shockers for me after integration was to find out that I am more of an introvert.  I prefer a certain amount of alone time everyday.  Parties leave me drained for days.  Loving someone I still need my space.  I didn't know I did this.  When I worked in parts, one part of me was totally extroverted, she loved parties and people, usually in that order.  Another part thought that parties and people a total waste of time.  I didn't know that when I brought all the parts together I would be more of an introvert than anything else.  I started researching what it was to be an introvert.  I wanted to know if I was just being difficult.  I learned that I'm not.  One of the videos I found on-line even explained that introverts function differently from extroverts on how they react to food, social situations, type of work they enjoy doing, and many different areas.  I like the idea that being an introvert is just a different operating system.  I'm content to be alone.  I am thankful for a wonderful DH that accepts that for me not going to a party with him is not him but me.  I learned how to enjoy a party by accepting that I need something different by helping in the kitchen or going for a short walk outside.  Accepting myself went a long way to allowing others to accept me.  

2 comments:

TR said...

Love the link! I used to be what seemed 'extroverted' and then as I started down this path I found out that I am actually closer to an introvert. Thank you for sharing this.

Ruth said...

Your welcome TR.