Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Key to Success

"Success is not the key to happiness. 
Happiness is the key to success. 
If you love what you are doing, 
you will be successful." 
- Albert Schweitzer 


 I love this.  I also believe that too many people have a distorted view of success.  I heard one of my classmates at our class reunion complain that she spent years in college and in a career that she hated.  She was selling her home moving to another state to open a bed and breakfast.  She thought being a lawyer would mean success and happiness.  It made her money but not happiness.  I sometimes like to say, "If you are climbing the ladder of success, make sure it is leaning against the right building." 

1 comment:

TR said...

Love this: "If you are climbing the ladder of success, make sure it is leaning against the right building."