Thursday, July 10, 2014

Positive Triggers

http://theprojectbyjudy.wordpress.com/2014/06/06/positive-triggers

After a post on dieting I need to remind myself that I can make triggers good for me.  According to Garfield, "Diet is Die with a T at the end."  This is a poster that hung in my office for years.  However, my doctor told me to change the way I eat and stop abusing my body several years ago.  My goal was to improve my health.  Judy and I have many discussions on how to change the negative triggers we both experience to positive triggers.  I can use planning breakfast choices as a way to set the tone for my whole day of eating.  I eat a healthy well chosen breakfast I am more likely, but not guaranteed, eat a healthy lunch.  I am also making substitutions such as raspberries instead of candy for snacks.  Sugar count may be just as high but I am less likely to over eat with them. Changing negative food triggers to positive food choices takes effort but I notice the more frequently I treat my body with the respect I deserve the easier it is to make more healthy choices.  During my vacation I am doing a great job at sleeping more.  I am averaging 7+ hours of sleep each night. Woohoo...progress.

Judy sets the example for me on things she does to remind herself it is time to work.  She shared her experience of treating her home job like the job that it is.  I am learning to treat my home self with the same respect of how I treat myself out on my job.  I hadn't thought about how I treat myself at home was not always kind.  I liked the FB reminder that told me to stop the enemy between my ears.  It actually took a few seconds to realize who that was.  I have one hundred percent control in how I treat myself.  I can be kinder to myself.

No comments: