Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Too Busy



http://inbadcompanyinc.wordpress.com/2014/02/12/crazy-busy/

http://www.tylerwardis.com/busy-isnt-respectable-anymore/


In Bad Company inc shared a great link to an article by Tyler Wardis about being 'busy.'  I enjoyed both articles and actually started with In Bad Company first so it influenced how I read Tyler's article.  I realized that I agreed with most of Tyler's ideas.  I sometimes get busy when I am trying to avoid something I should do.  I know my kids loathed busy work at school.  I am not too fond of busy work myself.  I am learning that being involved with my work doesn't mean I am involved in 'busy' work.  I think my own definition of busy work is doing something that keeps me moving my arms and legs but no progress occurs.  Or I've had a project given to me at work that I spend hours on it only to find out that they had no intention of using what I did; it just kept me busy.  I am now engaged in some really interesting projects that I want to spend my time on.  I am coming off of a lovely restful vacation and do not want to get sucked back into useless busy work.  I am also looking at some of the jobs I do and why I do them.  It is 100% acceptable to do something to please my DH, because that is about building our relationship.  There are other things in my life that I am going to consider more carefully if it is worth spending my time.  I have no desire to waste my life on 'busy.'

2 comments:

TR said...

There was a comment by Judy about keeping ourselves busy as a way to cope with Ns. I found this actually to be the case with me. I would fill or find something to do to keep them away from me. Thanks for the shout out.

Ruth said...

True, being too busy to interact with Ns is one way to keep out of their way.