Friday, April 3, 2015

Good Friday

This is a mixed day for me.  At preschool I play the Easter Bunny.  My goal is to make the experience fun for the little ones.  This year my friend suggested that I bring bubbles.  It was brilliant idea.  The bubbles helped the gigantic pink furry rabbit be a little less scary.  I worked at creating an atmosphere of fun and acceptance if a child doesn't want to come near me.  I look forward to this day all year.  I feel quite pleased when the children have fun.  Traditions can be fun.



The more serious side of Good Friday is contemplating the choice Christ made to do Heavenly Father's will.  He asked that the cup pass from him but "Thy will be done."  Channel jumping we encountered a show that expressed the idea that Christ was suicidal.  If that is true then every soldier that joins the fight against evil is also suicidal.  Besides, Christ knew He would rise again.  I quickly changed the channel when the suppositions became more and more ludicrous, in my opinion.  The presenter clearly did not envision Christ mission as a divine intervention in an Eternal war between good and evil. In my belief, Christ was chosen before this world was created that he would come in the meridian of time and break the bonds of death.  He will come again at the end of time to reign righteously.  Without the terrible events on Good Friday, there could be no rejoicing on Sunday morning.  Movie makers attempt to visualize the agony of Golgotha.  They cannot.  Movie makers also gloss over the prayer in Gethsemane.  No movie maker attempts to represent an agony so intense that He sweat blood.  I can not fathom the love Christ embraced to be able to make this sacrifice for a world that mocks and rejects Him.  I can do nothing for what others believe.  I can testify, though I don't understand, I believe.  I believe He would do the same if I was the only one.   He died for all but He touches our hearts one at a time.  He loves us so much he has us engraved on the palms of His hands.

Music

No Ordinary Man

How Great Thou Art

His Hands

10,000 Reasons

Amazing Grace 
Tartanic Amazing Grace (Bagpipes)

Who am I


No comments: