Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Fleas?

In Corrie Tenboom's book, "The Hiding Place,"  she shares her sister's faith in a loving God that sends us many things to bless us.  Betsy insisted that Corrie thank her Heavenly Father for the fleas that infested the barracks at their concentration camp.  Corrie just couldn't believe Betsy would thank Him for the fleas.  Months later through another incident Corrie learned that because of the fleas that their little group of women could have prayer meetings, Bible study, and a small measure of peace from the guards who wouldn't enter their barracks, because of the fleas.  Is there some annoying thing in your life that may actually be a blessing?  

2 comments:

mulderfan said...

I came to your blog after reading elif's request that you not pray for her. I was shocked because as a "modern" Buddhist I accept and honour all other religions. The main reason I chant is to request the happiness of all living beings I encounter. Perhaps, I am different because we do not consider Buddha a divine being but simply a man with wonderful ideas.

Then I read some of your posts and realized we were on the same page. I'm turning away from a past I know I can't change and looking toward a positive future. I'm doing it just the way I have been taught in AA...one day at a time.

I would be honoured if you would include me in your prayers.

Hugs, mulderfan

Ruth said...

Thanks mulderfan,
I appreciate your kind words. Have a beautiful day.
Ruth