Tuesday, November 30, 2010

What Blogging has done for me...

What has blogging given you the confidence to write or create and then *share*… that you wouldn’t otherwise have done?



The Gift of Blogging Confidence: Group Writing Project


Blogging on my first blog was sharing my pictures that I take by the thousands, Photos Change My World.   My second blog, We Are One, however took me to a whole new place of sharing and creating work that I would not have shared if I didn't have this avenue.  I wrote things for myself before, but here in this blog I could share the challenges I faced battling depression and the aftereffects of child abuse.  I am sharing at last how I changed from surviving to thriving.  I am still astonished when someone comments on what I have written.  Through blogging I have also interacted with other bloggers to cheer them on to their success and share their sorrow when their entry lets me into a sad part of their lives.  I appreciate the opportunity to learn I am not alone in some of the challenges I am facing.  I am not alone in wanting to find a better way to live.    
Depressed and not know it.
http://weareone-ruth.blogspot.com/2010/09/depressed-and-not-know-it.html
Pain of Guilt
http://weareone-ruth.blogspot.com/2010/08/pain-of-guilt.html

4 comments:

mulderfan said...

Ruth, you are so courageous when you you write, it is an inspiration for others!

Ruth said...

I don't feel courageous. I appreciate your encouragement. Have a great day.

Joanna Paterson said...

The way blogging allows us to connect and share experiences is very powerful indeed.

Thanks for joining in this project Ruth

Ruth said...

I am glad Joanna started the project.