Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Beautifully messy

Tonight I enjoyed seeing beautiful pictures of a friend's garden.  Greens, flowers, frogs, and one picture of the mess that happened getting there.  Empty dirt bags, pots, gloves, and other messy stuff that helped create the beauty.  Going through counseling I experienced dark, ugly, frightening, and yucky stuff.  Garbage that makes it hard for me to sleep.  I remind myself that I have to get messy before the beautiful  things come.  I need to dig out the weeds.  Add in some mulch.  Toss out the garbage.  Therapy gets messy before it gets beautiful.  A lot of things get really messy but beautiful things can come of it if we keep working at them. 






7 comments:

mulderfan said...

I like this concept!

You should see my sewing room when I'm in the midst of creating a new costume for my DD! The finished product is great, then I tidy up and mess it up again for the next project. (My idea of fun!)

Love P/M

Sandy said...

Beautiful picture :) I like the gardening analogy, especially because I like to garden.

Candycan said...

I hope you are right!

Ruth said...

P/M your observation about sewing is so true. Messy happens and then the good stuff. Hugs, Ruth

Thanks Sandy.

Candycan, I am seeing a difference in my life. Where I am today compared to 10 years ago is absolutely amazing. I still have a lot to learn but I am more at peace than I have ever been.

CZBZ said...

Gosh Ruth, if "messy" signals something lovely yet to come, I'm in for a beautiful future!! ha!

Thank you for the positive hope---and the gorgeous picture!

Hugs,
CZ

Ruth said...

CZ you deserve Beautiful. :)

CZBZ said...

Oh dear Ruth, thank you!

Hugs,
CZ