Monday, August 8, 2011

Inpsiration from Failures

This is from an email that comes to me about 3-4 times each week.  The thoughts and videos give me a lot to think about.

....
In the book "Think and Grow Rich", a story is told of an uncle of R.U. Darby. 
The uncle was caught by the “gold fever” in the gold-rush days, and he went out West to dig and grow rich.

As the story goes, Darby's uncle did strike gold.

He and Darby drilled on, desperately trying to pick up the vein again - all to no avail. Finally, they decided to quit and they ended up selling their machinery to a junk man for a few hundred dollars. 
The junkman called in a mining engineer to look at the mine and do a little calculating.  The engineer advised the junkman that the project had failed, because the owners were not familiar with “fault lines.”

Motivational Video
His calculations showed that the vein would be found just !!three feet!! from where the Darbys had stopped drilling!
That is exactly where it was found!
In this video we are reminded (thankfully) of some people who didn't stop trying despite the odds.
I hope you have an outstanding day, 
Mary 
Inspiration By God

4 comments:

mulderfan said...

Great video!

Ruth said...

Thanks. :)

Shen said...

Oh this was awesome! Thank you for sharing it. I'm going to pass it on to some others who I know will love it too.

The video ends with, "If you've never failed, you've never lived." I wanted to replace the word "tried" with "failed". I think our successes are important, too!

Laurel Hawkes said...

I knew about each of those people, but I've never seen their stories put together so well. Thanks for sharing this. Here's to failing seven times and trying eight. :-)