Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Gettin up again

Muhammad Ali
Inside of a ring or out, ain't nothing wrong with going down. It's staying down that's wrong.

 Today I fell asleep on the couch feeling tired and frustrated.  Some days I feel like no matter how hard I have worked, I am not any further along than when I started.  Then I think about where I was and how I would have reacted to the past few days events.  It is so easy in a long climb to look ahead and see the soaring peaks still ahead and forget how long and how far I have climbed.  I also remind myself that it is down in the valleys that the rivers run with the most fertile soil and greatest opportunity for growth.  Sometimes I am just tired.  I'll get up again tomorrow.

6 comments:

Kathy said...

What a beautiful post. We're allowed to rest...not too long...but we are definitely allowed to rest.

mulderfan said...

When you get time, read Eckhart Tolle's "The Power of Now". Understanding that the past and future do not exist, it puts a whole new perspective on life.

Besides, there's something so deliciously decadent and pampering about a nap, that I "treat" myself to one every day! ...and they don't cost a cent!

Hugs!

Ruth said...

Thanks Kathy. :)

Got the book. On my list of things to enjoy doing. Thanks P/M. :)

Number One Nut said...

Yes! Sometimes you need to cut your self some slack, and give yourself a bit of down time. It allows you to turn around and look at where you've been. That often gets missed when you are so busy 'slogging' forward. It also allows you to stop feeling overwhelmed about how much you feel is waiting in front of you.

Thanks for the reminder!

Laurel Hawkes said...

I'm taking to heart the advice given to SEALs as they start training: Don't think about what's coming. Make it through this day. Work through the hear and now, this moment.

You made it through the day. GO YOU!

Ruth said...

Thanks Laurel and NON, I appreciate your comments and added ideas. Have a great day, Ruth