Saturday, November 5, 2011

Difference of One

ONE

One song can spark a moment
One flower can wake the dream
One tree can start a forest
One bird can herald spring

One smile begins a friendship
One handclasp lifts a soul
One star can guide a ship at sea
One word can frame the goal


One vote can change a nation
One sunbeam lights a room
One candle wipes out darkness
One laugh will conquer gloom


One step must start each journey
One word must start a prayer
One hope will raise our spirits
One touch can show you care


One voice can speak with wisdom
One heart can know what's true
One life can make a difference
You see, it's up to YOU!


~ Author Unknown


mulderfan said...
I wrote this based on the Buddhist belief that one person can change the world. Let your voice speak. One voice becomes a hundred. A hundred becomes a thousand. A thousand becomes a million. A million becomes the world. Let your voice speak…for peace.




Others sharing this poem:
http://www.motivational-well-being.com/motivational_poems.html 
http://www.wrensworld.com/powerofone.htm 
http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/one-you-see-it-s-up-to-you/
This link attributes the poem to adnan zahedi in 2010

I also saved this poem in 2005 when I was working on a project called the difference of one.  I was doing picture montages of Gandhi, Mother Theresa, Abraham Lincoln and other people that have chosen to make a difference.  

4 comments:

mulderfan said...

I wrote this based on the Buddhist belief that one person can change the world.

Let your voice speak.
One voice becomes a hundred.
A hundred becomes a thousand.
A thousand becomes a million.
A million becomes the world.
Let your voice speak…for peace.

Ruth said...

Thanks mulderfan, I added your poem to the other one in the post so that people won't miss it down here in comments.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ruth

I love this it is so profound and the picture is amazing I want to be there.

Molly

Ruth said...

Man made pond at the park very early in the morning when my sister and I go walking. I love taking pictures there.