Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Which way

Abraham Lincoln
If I were two-faced, would I be wearing this one?

Tonight I am feeling tired, discouraged and totally out of sorts.  In my posts, I try to share what I have learned and where I am trying to go.  Sometimes I sound happy and sometimes not so happy.  Here I can say it, sometimes I am sad.  When I lived as a multiple personality, I was sometimes accused of being two-faced.  At the time, I didn't know I was a multiple otherwise I could have had an awesome comeback of saying, "Actually I am 5."  Tonight, I miss being able to switch.  Marie was so much better with dealing with things like today's fiasco of trying to follow the written instructions by the teacher.  Only to find out after spending half the day on a spreadsheet that she had exactly what she wanted on her computer in an old file.  All I really needed to do was clean up what she had and add the new names.  It was a crappy day and Marie wouldn't have cared at all.  Because Marie didn't feel anything at all.  She was absolutely obedient.  I still tend towards doing exactly as I am told but now I feel pissed off when it is something so incredibly stupid.  (No, I do not share this blog with the people I work with.  Not safe.)  I really think I would have liked visiting with Abe Lincoln. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bad enough dealing with the narcs close to home. It's frustrating discovering them everywhere else, too, and there isn't the luxury of walking away. ~Judy

mulderfan said...

I can relate!

Ruth said...

Judy you are so right, having to deal with a narc and don't have the luxury of being able to walk away. Actually, I think telling them to 'go to hell' is the luxury I don't get to indulge. :)

mulderfan I believe you. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Ruth

People act the way they do because of past experiences and the positive or negative contingences associated with those experiences. Because I can relate to what you say I am certain when this happens you feel threatened. I don’t know what game this woman is playing but she doesn’t sound like a very nice person. The last thing you should not do with a person like this is show them what you are feeling. Here is a line from a Shakespeare play.(Othello 1 iii)

"THE ROBBED THAT SMILES STEALS SOMETHING FROM THE THIEF"

This woman stole your time, you have a right to be annoyed but I would give this woman a beatific smile and confuse the bitch.

XX Molly

Ruth said...

Thanks Molly for identifying what she stole. Smile all the while. Thanks for your encouragement.
Ruth