Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving Party Today

H A P P Y  T H A N K S G I V I N G

I am inviting all my readers that are interested in sharing a recipe, a thought, or something they are thankful for.  I will take all comments and move them into the post.

I am thankful to all my readers and fellow bloggers.  I could start naming names and then I would forget someone.  Posts that I have learned from, comments that enrich my learning, encouragement from my readers, I am continually amazed at all you wonderful people out there.

Let the party begin: (New comments added at the top.)

ellen said...

Can I be thankful for a few things?   Yes.  :)

I am grateful for my therapist, whom I found this year, and who is helping me a lot.

And I am grateful for music, which I started listening to again lately, after years of just casual listening. Music is so healing.

And I am grateful for my blog, and my blog friends that comment and that share so honestly on their own blogs.

And I am grateful for my camera, and my happiness when I take a good picture.

Happy Thanksgiving to you in the US.


marie therese 1 said...




I am grateful for the opportunity to be able to seek being alive again inside, for hope for my family and my goddaughter. I am grateful for understanding there is hope for healing even in the deepest darkness.


PWC said...




Cranberry Sauce

12 ounces cranberries
1 cup white sugar (can be halved according to taste)
1 cup orange juice

In a saucepan dissolve sugar in orange juice over medium heat. Stir in the cranberries and cook until the cranberries begin to pop. Should take about ten minutes or so. Remove from heat; will thicken as it cools.

Easy, quick, and sooo good! I used to buy canned until I found out making it yourself is easy and tasty.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Laurel Hawkes said...
I'm thankful for all the amazing friends God has brought into my life.


I'm thankful for music, all kinds of music. Especially marching bands. Hearing a band always lifts my spirits, and reminds me that God loves hearing our jouful noise.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Melissa 


Hello Ruth

I am sending you my favourite carrot cake recipe. I get lots of compliments and requests for this cake, it really is scrummy!

A few things I am thankful for; my dear husband who has been my soul mate for over forty years, who knows my faults but loves me anyway!! My wonderful sons, their partners and my  gorgeous grandchildren, all Gods beautiful creature's, friendships, laughter, flowers, bees, sunsets, trees, the kindness of others and the skills of doctors, the teachings of philosophers and last but not least, your posts Ruth, I am thankful for those.

Happy Thanksgiving and have a lovely day.

XX Molly


Carrot Cubes

CUTS INTO 15 CUBES

CALORIES PER SERVING 385:    FAT PER SERVING: 27g

FOR THE CAKE:
175g (6oz) butter, softened
175g (6oz) soft light brown sugar
250g (8oz) self-raising flour
1 level teaspoon ground cinnamon
 3 medium eggs
100g (4oz) packet walnuts, chopped
350g (12oz) carrots, peeled and coarsely grated

FOR THE TOPPING:
300g (10oz) carton cream cheese
2 tablespoons icing sugar
Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
15 marzipan carrots

26 x 16.5cm (10 ¼ x 6 1/2in) tray bake tin, lined with baking parchment

Set the oven to warm, Gas Mark 3 or 160°C or 320°F.

To make the cake: Place all the ingredients into a bowl and beat until smooth.

Spoon into the lined cake tin and level the surface

Bake in centre of oven for 45 minutes-1 hour, or until risen and a skewer comes out clean after being inserted into cake. Remove from oven and leave to cool in the tin for 5-10 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.

To make the topping: Beat together the cream cheese, icing sugar and lemon zest. Spread over the top of the cake.

Cut the cake into 15 squares and decorate each with a marzipan carrot. The cake will keep in an airtight container in a cool place for up to 3 days.

The cake, without topping, may be wrapped in a freezer bag and frozen for up to 1 month. Allow to defrost overnight before finishing with the cream-cheese topping.

 Thought I'd send this early because it's an appetizer! mulderfan

PIMENTO CHEESE SPREAD/DIP

Ingredients:

• 1 cup old cheddar, grated
• 1 cup tex-mex blend cheese, grated
• 1 small jar of pimentos, drained and finely chopped
• 1 finely chopped green onion
• ½ cup plain spreadable cream cheese (1/2 small tub)
• ¼ cup mayonnaise
• ½ tsp. garlic powder
• ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
• ¼ tsp. black pepper
• Dash of Worcestershire sauce

Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl until thoroughly combined. Best served the following day so the flavours can blend.

Easily doubled and it apparently freezes well but trust me you won’t have to worry about that!

Can be served warm or cold. Great with crackers, tacos, wrapped in a tortilla, as a sandwich filling, on a burger, spread on French bread and popped under the broiler…


Dear Aunt Ruth,
My little contribution is M's cassoulet.  She's made it twice.  Quite the production, it requires several days of preparation.  She invents a recipe which roughly follows this one <http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/toulouse-style-cassoulet>.  The attached photo shows it near the end of the process.  Baking and the addition of sausage is still required.
Enjoy,
W

Jonsi said...
I'm leaving this a little bit early, just in case I don't have time tomorrow! This is my favorite pumpkin pie recipe. It's very spicy (pumpkin spice spicy, not "hot" spicy). Some people hate it, others love it, but it's the only kind of pumpkin pie I'll really eat! Carnation Pumpkin Pie: (Makes 1 9-inch single crust pie) 1 cup sugar 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon 1/2 tsp cloves 1/2 tsp nutmeg 1/2 tsp allspice 1/2 tsp ginger 1/2 tsp salt 2 eggs 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin (one can) 1 2/3 cups undiluted evaporated milk (one can) pie crust Blend sugar, spices, and salt together. Add eggs, pumpkin, and evaporated milk. Mix well. Pour into unbaked pie shell. Bake in hot oven (425 deg) for 15 minutes; reduce to moderate heat (350 deg) and continue baking about 40 minutes or until knife inserted in pie mixture comes out clean. Cool. Enjoy!
Chocolate pudding pie. Me.

2 small boxes of milk chocolate pudding INSTANT mix.  (It doesn't come in a big package.)
Use the milk that is suggested for pie filling.  
Stir.
Stir in thawed 8 oz. whipped topping. (If you can find it, french vanilla is very yummy.)
Pour into a prepared gram cracker crust, or chocolate cookie crust, or tomorrow I am trying a vanilla waffer crust. 
Chill.
Before serving it can be topped with any of the following more whipped topping, shaved chocolate, coconut, nuts, gram cracker crust crumbled, or what ever topping sounds good to you.  
Eat and enjoy.  

vwoopvwoop said...
I am thankful for the healing power of love, the opportunities I am given to choose right even when wrong is so tempting, and the beautiful souls that have come into my life to guide and walk beside me on my journey. <3

DD
I'm posting my comment here because the silly word visual won't appear so it won't let me post the comment that I spent time writing.. :P I am thankful for my life and health where it is today. I wouldn't be here without the struggle but th...at's what makes all the thanks-giving sweeter in the end. ;) I'm thankful for my family and friends, that I've known for as long as I can remember and that I've just met. Thank you all for being there for me and allowing me to be apart of your life... For all of my fellow photographer and videographer friends I am grateful for such a wonderful medium to express myself and share a similar passion with you all. :-) Happy Thanksgiving to all!





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for the healing power of love, the opportunities I am given to choose right even when wrong is so tempting, and the beautiful souls that have come into my life to guide and walk beside me on my journey.

<3

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for music, all kinds of music. Especially marching bands. Hearing a band always lifts my spirits, and reminds me that God loves hearing our jouful noise.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Melissa

Laurel Hawkes said...

I'm thankful for all the amazing friends God has brought into my life.

PWC said...

Cranberry Sauce

12 ounces cranberries
1 cup white sugar (can be halved according to taste)
1 cup orange juice

In a saucepan dissolve sugar in orange juice over medium heat. Stir in the cranberries and cook until the cranberries begin to pop. Should take about ten minutes or so. Remove from heat; will thicken as it cools.

Easy, quick, and sooo good! I used to buy canned until I found out making it yourself is easy and tasty.

Happy Thanksgiving.

marie therese 1 said...

I am grateful for the opportunity to be able to seek being alive again inside, for hope for my family and my goddaughter. I am grateful for understanding there is hope for healing even in the deepest darkness.

ellen said...

Can I be thankful for a few things?

I am grateful for my therapist, whom I found this year, and who is helping me a lot.

And I am grateful for music, which I started listening to again lately, after years of just casual listening. Music is so healing.

And I am grateful for my blog, and my blog friends that comment and that share so honestly on their own blogs.

And I am grateful for my camera, and my happiness when I take a good picture.

Happy Thanksgiving to you in the US.