Tuesday, March 13, 2012

AAAAAAGH

15 years as a computer tech and computers still frustrate me.  I am using my laptop this week and things jump around on the screen and I discovered comments that I thought posted...didn't.  Computers have come a long way but they can still be such a royal pain.  Breathe deep...It really isn't me.  The computer was built by narcissistic personalities therefore those attributes sneak in.  What I have to say means absolutely nothing to the computer.  *poof* Out into cyberspace twilight zone.  I wonder if those comments show up randomly in parallel universe.  Dumb computer.

Should have known...Downloaded Firefox and problem is now solved.  MS strikes again.

7 comments:

Laurel Hawkes said...

You made me laugh.

Ruth said...

Good. However, I still can't post comments on most sites. Any suggestions?

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's your security settings or plug-ins. Try using a different browser for blog posting with fewer security settings?

In case at all encouraging, been thinking that the more people tend toward narcissism, the worse they are at learning to use computers. Narcissists aren't good at adopting other people's ways of structuring tasks, which they have to do in order to use software. Also they're no good at dealing with an entity that can't be scared or manipulated into wanting to disclose or offer up more of itself. Shout as forcefully as you like at a computer and it just sits there.

- GKA

mulderfan said...

Firefox and I have been close friends for years now but Blogger and I occasionally disagree!

Anonymous said...

An "AAAAAAGH" of my own: I just reread my comment this morning & realized it could be viewed as criticism of present company. It isn't meant that way at all. Tone of voice can be difficult online.

/GKA

Candycan said...

lol. Can't live with em, can't live without em! I hope you are having more success now.

Ruth said...

GKA, I didn't take it as a criticism. I was asking for ideas. Happy to say the Firefox solved the problem. Allowed me to set the preferences the way I needed. MS was trying to help me too much.

Candy, you have that right. I am back to being able to comment including my own. Really weird when you can't comment on your own blog. :)