Friday, March 30, 2012

Tag Your IT.....

Playing tag…

by Judy
The Invisible Shadow played, and invited anyone who wanted to play along.
I decided to play. I needed to do something fun. :-)  Check out Judy's post for her answers.  
Now it is my turn
1. What happened on the best day of your life?
One best day is so hard to choose.  The best day I believe was the day I was born.  Couldn't do the rest without that.  After that there are all sorts of days that pop into my mind but there is a reoccurring theme.  My best days involve what I love, photography, family, and God. 
2. What is your greatest talent?
Still my first reaction is I have talents?...well of course I do, but a life time of hiding them does not help me write about them.  I think my willingness to learn new things from people and life is my greatest talent.  

3. What have you done in your life that makes you the most proud?
Watching my children raise their children with such love.
4. What do you believe in that others might doubt the reality of?
My past.  I know people that doubt what happened in my past.  They believe it was all made up and that I exaggerate to get attention.  There are easier ways to get attention.
5. If you could travel in time, when would you go?
Not too far back in time since I am very fond of indoor bathrooms.  Not too far forward since I wouldn't understand what was happening.  I am really working at learning to live in NOW.  So easy to slide back into wallowing in yesterday or dreaming in tomorrow.  Now seems slippery enough for me.
6. What’s your favorite holiday and why?
ALL of THEM.  However, Halloween has a very special place in my heart when Gypsy(Maria) could be herself without question.  Loved getting the candy.  Still trying to break the habit of buying bags and bags of candy after the holiday.  For religious reasons, I love Christmas and Easter.  For patriotic reasons, I love July 4th.  For renewing myself and bring hope to life I love the New Year.  For fairies and leprechauns Saint Patties day can't be forgotten.  Thanksgiving is for EATING...only time of the year that I bake pies, rolls, green bean casserole...on and on and on.  Veterans day to honor those that have paid such a terrible price to serve our country and protect freedoms I hold dear.  Valentine's day for all the romantics and of course CHOCOLATE.  Yup.  I love holidays.  
7. Any time in your life that you would like to have a ‘do-over’? Explain if you can.
I think I finally reached my goal that I set when I read the book A Child Called It.  Dave Pelzer said, "I like the man I am today, and I would not be that man if I did not have the experiences I had."  I like who I am today and my experiences are what made me who I am today.  Tomorrow I can do better and improve what I did today.
8. What’s your favorite movie and why?
Harry Potter... All of them... All the good guys fight evil and win.  Favorite speech in the movie is Nivelle Longbottom in the last battle. 
9. If you could spend one day doing anything you wanted, what would it be?
Not enough hours in the day.  Spending time with my kids and taking photographs.  Oh yea...eating. 
10. What are your views on social media?
My children dragged me protesting into the world of social media and like anything social I was terrified.  But you know, most the people I encountered are quite lovely.  The longer I am there the more I enjoy sharing snippets and pieces of lives that touch mine.  My friends now span the globe and I am still afraid to meet my neighbor.  (Heavy sigh.)
11. Have you ever broken the law and what did you do?  You needn’t answer if it will get you thrown in the pokey.
With most my childhood missing, I wasn't sure.  I know I tried shoplifting penny candy, thought better of and returned it.  I love to drive fast.  Mostly I am a great believer of respecting others and most laws are set up because someone didn't respect someone else or their belongings.  Some laws if you do your research and are down right silly.  Read about a small town that still had a law about not letting a women's knees show in a dress.  Yup, I would have been arrested repeatedly for that one. 

1 comment:

Jonsi said...

Thanks Ruth! I really enjoyed reading your answers and have decided to participate myself.

I have to admit, your answer about the holidays made me a little weepy. I'm not really sure I can put my finger on why - maybe because you are so positive in your outlook?

Thank you.