Saturday, June 28, 2014

Fake it Miss it

Over at my sister's blog she is challenging herself to choose happiness.  http://theprojectbyjudy.wordpress.com/2014/06/27/update-on-being-happy/


My comment that I added, "Fake it until you make it takes you on a detour that you miss it completely."  Part of my survival was being numb.....when you choose numb it wipes out everything.  I could fake the emotions but I didn't feel any of them.  For me, the value was in feeling the real feeling...real pain, real happiness.  Authenticity is a down to the soul choice.  It doesn't remove the choice of what I feel it just bases my choice in what I am actually feeling not some intellectual idea of what I think I should be feeling.  Emotions are fluid, changing with a thought, amazing, enriches life, and sometimes so difficult.  Numbness is choosing the easy button.  It is easy to be numb....yes, that is what I said.  It is easy to be numb, authentically feeling what I feel is a life enhancing challenge. 


These pictures were taken within 5 minute time.  Emotions can change and fluctuate as quickly as this water. 





4 comments:

mulderfan said...

Coincidence. When speaking I tell people I pressed the easy button by picking up a bottle. Not so easy to unpress the easy button, as you know Ruth.

Ruth said...

Yes I do mulderfan. I am so proud of you for choosing to unpress it. You an amazing woman. Thanks for your comment.

TR said...

That is beautiful. Emotions are like water. This concept is also how Karla McLaren (wrote The Language of Emotions) describes it and I started reading it this week. Love the photos as always. xxTR

Ruth said...

Sounds like a book I need to add to my list of books to read.