Thursday, June 19, 2014

Surviving

Every so often I read a post that I just want to pick up and plunk in this space.  Maybe I need to have a guest blogger come and share their perspective.

Broke but being repaired wrote one of those posts. 
http://brokebutbeingrepaired.wordpress.com/2014/06/18/surviving/

She nailed it so completely about how society takes out all the stops for children killed through abuse but those that actually survive becomes society's dirty little secret. Kids ignored....teenagers struggling with not fitting in.....young mothers that haven't a clue about nurturing....nightmares PTSD and a host of malladys that adult survivors are told if there were strong enough, faithful enough, good enough these problems wouldn't have happened.  Thanks for an amazing post. 


2 comments:

mulderfan said...

Long ago, my shrink told me I'd get more understanding if I had broken bones, bruises and scars. Invisible scars are the hardest to heal. Should say they never really heal.

Tundra Woman said...

WOW! Thank you, Ruth! That was a kick-a** post!
And I agree with mulder, FWIW. I've accepted there are vestiges of "growing up" with my walking Cluster B "mother" I'll take to my death.
And I'm at peace with that reality. Because it IS Reality.
TW