Saturday, April 7, 2012

Bunny Hop

At the grand age of 4 1/2 years old I was enrolled in kindergarten class at school.  I remember my mother filling out the form and she asked me if I wanted a nickname.  Mind you the adult is asking a little girl that has never gone to school.  At the moment in time, my favorite animal was a bunny rabbit.  Since I thought a nickname was a requirement to get into school.  Fortunately, bunny won over monkey which was another favorite.  By second grade, I hated the name 'bunny' and used my metal lunch box to silence those that persisted in using that name.  Fast forward 50 years.  Yesterday, at the preschool I got to be bunny, The Easter Bunny.  Head to toe pink fur with a full head mask.  The teachers planted me outside and let the children that wanted to come up to me.  One little girl flew across the school yard for a hug from the Easter Bunny.  I hopped, talked in a squeaky voice, fended off a future hoodlum trying to poke me in the eye, and thoroughly enjoyed myself.  I was very impressed with one of our students in the learning about early childhood education he's a 16 year old that knows he is a cool man on campus.  One of the small students wouldn't come near me unless he hugged me first.  I was so impressed that he gingerly hugged me then encouraged the 4 year old to do the same.  The atmosphere was gentle and any child that wanted to stay away could.  There were no tears and delightful fun.  I am a great believer in the Easter bunny, colored eggs, hunting for eggs and lots of candy.  I loved living in Washington, we could hide candy filled eggs all over the yard, even in the snow.  In the snow the colored eggs actually made the snow glow lovely colors to match the eggs.  The kids would re-hide the plastic eggs over and over.  I love coloring Easter eggs and checking out all the things that can be done with peeps.  I'll add a few links to a few of my favorites.

Peeps Diorama
https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&hl=en&source=hp&biw=1977&bih=1190&q=peeps+diorama&gbv=2&oq=peeps+&aq=2&aqi=g-z1g9&aql=1&gs_l=img.1.2.0i3j0l9.4409l8940l0l12474l6l6l0l0l0l0l114l620l1j5l6l0.cgsbsh.1.

Easter Jokes
My Butt hurts
http://insidecorner.dmagazine.com/2009/04/12/lets-hop-to-it-easter-homer-pool/

Do you know why the Easter Bunny hides the eggs?
He doesn't want anyone to know he is dating a chicken.

Easter Eggs
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/323228/20120403/easter-eggs-holy-week-lent.htm#page11

Found it!  Bunny hop
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgLL_q5FMCU


A little more serious
The Empty Egg (I need a tissue for this one.)
http://www.fathershands.com/emptyegg/

3 comments:

Laurel Hawkes said...

There's a Lord of the Peeps... the whole movie, and Harry Peep (Potter). Silly fun.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to "hop" over and wish you a very happy Resurrection Sunday Celebration

Judith said...

How lovely! Those children were lucky!