Friday, April 12, 2013

Good - Better - Best

MyCounselor is teaching me to live without needing a counselor.  I did for years before but I hid from myself and living, most of the time.  Now I am really learning to live; out loud in the open where people and conflict and pain exists.  So I asked the big question, "How do I know what is Good, Better and Best for me?"

"By how you are. Good is not being in crisis by staying home.  Better is going where you chose to go and not being in crisis. Best is going where you want to go and enjoying yourself." 

There it is the very opposite of what I was taught.  Who I am and what I feel is more important than what I do.  If I do all the right things for all the wrong reasons, I feel miserable.  However, when I do things with my heart authentic and my feelings in a healthy place then what I do becomes a beautiful...not a 'perfect' thing just a beautiful....I can live with that.


No comments: