Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Putting together puzzles

"You must take personal responsibility.
You cannot change the circumstances,
the seasons, or the wind, but
you can change yourself"
- Jim Rohn


Click Here For Success Tip # 021




5. Piecing Together Your Puzzle
http://www.purposefairy.com/7805/9-truths-about-letting-go-of-opinions-that-taint-us/

Most of my life, I only had part of my puzzle at any one time.  The switching caused some pieces to vanish and others to appear.  I couldn't understand why self-help books, motivational ideas, and attempts at change continued to fail, repeatedly.  In counseling, I finally understood.  To build a puzzle, I need all MY pieces.  In my life, other people threw in puzzle pieces that just weren't me but labeled me anyway.  I was feeling very overwhelmed early on in my counseling.  Every session seemed to blow another hole in my childhood myth.  I was feeling very discouraged.  KavinCoach reassured me, "You're just like everyone else you bring in your puzzle pieces, we might need to flip over a few of the pieces, then we put it together."  I thought, "Aaaaaahhh, I'm just like everyone else."  Then he followed up with, "You just happen to be a 10,000 piece puzzle."  The pile of puzzle pieces on the floor is 10,000 puzzle pieces.  Wow, oh wow.  I've pieced together huge sections now.  My puzzle isn't finished since it is an on going project.  I am learning to sit with the pieces and allow the design to come through. 


10,000 pieces

No comments: