Thursday, November 11, 2010

Major Review

I have mentioned before that I am in the process of making a major change in counselors.  This is not something I chose to do.  I always planned to graduate and not need counseling any more.  I even planned out my goodbye, see you later, have a good life speech.  Life happened.  Instead KavinCoach has an opportunity to serve in a way that he looks forward to the challenge in another state.  This of course left me in a state of confusion.  He has kindly offered to help me with the transition.  The toughest part is deciding where am I today?  How much do I need to share for understanding?  How much really is in the category of done now and I don't need to discuss this any more?  The application has a few seemingly simple questions.  Half the questions I could write a whole book.  I could give surface answers but how would that help my progress.  I like how my sister reminds me that we need to stop lying especially to ourselves.  To help others feel comfortable I lied all the time.  "How are you doing today?"  My reply, "Great just great," when inside I was dying.   Answers need to be honest almost brutally honest.  No softening of my reality to salve over what I experienced or did.  I am finding the task far harder than I expected.  Issues to work on ~ faith, forgiveness, pride, fear, I am looking at the list and wonder if I progressed at all.  Then like a long straight highway I look back and realize I have been climbing all along but at such a gradual pace I hadn't realized how far I have come.  KavinCoach did give me one compliment that I appreciate; he said I was light years from the person that first came to his office.  The journey is amazing and I feel like I have just begun.  Feel the fear and move forward with Faith.  

2 comments:

Judy said...

Hi Ruth,

Yes we usually do come a long way ... more than we realize. God is always at work. I'm happy to hear you are doing better than you were. Sometimes I wonder about myself, if I'm changing. Last year I was going through a really rough time and I questioned God that He wasn't changing me fast enough. But God does change us in his timing, not ours. Day by day we are changing if we are in His word and praying.

Blessings,
Judy

Ruth said...

Thanks Judy,
I always think about the phrase, "God give me patience but hurry." I enjoy reading your blog your sharing sounds so joyful now.
Have a beautiful day,
Ruth