Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Life is good and ugly and happy and sad

There is a time and a season......

Ecclesiastes 3:2-8King James Version (KJV)

A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
What gets really tough is when everything seems to slam into each other all at once.  The past few days I enjoyed being grandma spending time with grandkids and giving parents breaks.  Some of the grandkids are getting old enough to do stuff like sewing, paper mache, and other projects.  Time at the park and eating pizza just seem the right thing to do.  However, others live far away and I feel helpless and unable to help.  I'm enjoying crocheting again.  It was a church project that kind of rekindled something I did before.  I discovered I enjoy smaller projects.  Being myself, I didn't allow myself to stick to small projects, one of the first projects I did was a king size bed cover.  Now, I am delighting in dish clothes and edging blankets.  I feel sad that I beat myself up over that first project.  I am learning to lessen my expectations to increase my enjoyment.  Not everything has to be the biggest and the best.  Sometimes small and mediocre serves the purpose better. 






No comments: