Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Shares my opinion

I am working on my health at any size concept.  My doctor gave me a list of suggestions to try.  This morning I was checking my Facebook and someone brought my attention to an article by Dan Pearce, Single Dad Laughing.  I loved it. 
If you have a few minutes, it is not very long, you can get his perspective on weight loss and the scales. 


http://www.danoah.com/2016/07/apparently-i-cant-be-properly-proud-of-myself-yet.html


It was fun reading an article that I felt like standing up and cheering.  I am home alone and probably could do that.  Yes, I still have my tyrannical scale upstairs.  I want to throw it away but I am afraid that the World will tilt or the planets slip out of orbit if I do.  A while back I lost 30 lbs....did I rejoice? NO.  I whined and complained that I hadn't lost 50 lbs.  I also became very critical of anyone that dared to eat dessert in front of me.  'Why are they eating that? They need to be losing weight.  With a little bit of effort....' and the negative messages ricocheted all over my mind.  Fortunately, most of the time I kept my mouth shut so those soul destroying words wouldn't hurt anyone else.  People became afraid to eat anything around me because I would stare intently at their food and woe be tide if they didn't eat every bit.  Seriously messed up.  I joked that I became a 'mean-skinny.'  The term Fat and happy has a lot more meaning to me.  Of course, when I went back to eating without worrying about calories I gained 40 lbs.  Heavy sigh.  New attempt.  I care about my health.  I want to choose healthy.  I can be healthy as possible at any size.  Maybe next year, I'll throw away the scales....earthquakes anyone?

Me on a diet.





No comments: