Saturday, September 17, 2016

Awful to awesome

This week I had my yearly cancer checkup.  I haven't had cancer in 15 years but every checkup has a nerve racking quality.  This year was different.  I was talking with the teacher I work with about calendar events.  She asked me when my birthday was,  I quickly said Dec 14.  Then I continued on the information about my doctor appointment on September 14.  Yup.  They had a birthday party for me at school on the day of my doctor appointment.  It was a mistake.  Wow.  I felt cherished and wanted.  It was an awesome feeling.  I still have the Happy Birthday balloons up in my dining room.  I look at them and feel happy all over again.  It was a serendipitous error that turned my awful day into an awesome day.  I offered to give back the presents but they told me to keep them.  The notes in the card lifted my spirit at a time I feel very low.  I am thankful for the teacher and students I work with.  It was an awesome day I will remember with happiness in my heart. 


No comments: