Thursday, August 2, 2012

Attempt impossible

"The young do not know enough to
be prudent, and therefore they attempt
the impossible -- and achieve it,
generation after generation."
- Pearl S. Buck


I first encountered PositivelyPositive on Facebook, other people would post their pictures, quotes and articles.  Then, I 'Liked' their page and I started getting their post myself.  Sometimes I feel discouraged because what they share seems so foreign to me, however this article intrigued me.
http://www.positivelypositive.com/2012/07/30/the-counterintuitive-ingredient-to-experiencing-success/
One of my favorite quotes from the article is "Embrace the suck. Enjoy the grit." Embrace the suck took me to another web page with another excellent article, 'What to Do When Bad Days Come.'  
http://www.colipera.com/what-to-do-when-bad-days-come/ This article follows a line of self questioning a bad day to see how much did I have control over a bad day.  If the bad day was external, what can I do tomorrow with the new problems on my plate. I appreciated their perspective. 

This brings to mind what KavinCoach shared with me, "That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."  I like Karen Salmansohn version: (Works if you have Facebook)
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=423014447736660&set=a.272099089494864.62950.153592064678901&type=1&theater
I was not happy with KavinCoach's statement but after a bit of thinking and distance from the problem I realized he was right.  I did gain strength from over coming the troubles I experienced. 
“Inside of a ring or out, ain't nothing wrong with going down. It's staying down that's wrong.” ― Muhammad Ali.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Humor and laughter is a big help to me. Which is why *I* say:

"That Which Does Not Kill Me Makes Me GRUMPIER."

;D

Ruth said...

Love it. :)