Saturday, December 20, 2014

I do deserve this

I checked all the links from last year's Christmas Carols post and they all work. 
How awesome is that?
http://weareone-ruth.blogspot.com/2013/12/collection-of-christmas-carols.html

I spent a wonderful evening with our children and grandchildren that live in the area.  It was great to have only fudge and rolls to bring.  Delicious goodies for kids and adults.  Savor the moments of joy and happiness.  Grandbaby 13 was born this week and grandie 14 was announced.  Joy multiplies when there is love.  I was impressed with the cookies to decorate, special coloring pages, and fun things for the kids to do.  Visiting flowed and groups changed and regrouped.  I am thankful and miss those that could not attend due to distance.  Did I mention how important it is to savor the moments?  Too often when struggling with depression, PTSD, or other mental illnesses savoring now is difficult to maintain.  Intrusive thoughts, triggered fears, or other stray thoughts attempt to hijack the evening.  One of the reoccurring themes of negative thoughts is 'you don't deserve this.'  My first counselor described this as 'poop in the punch bowl' thinking.  Ask yourself, do you deserve 'poop in the punch bowl'? If your answer is a fast no, I was amazed how quickly I answered no, then I deserve to be happy for an evening.  To watch the children playing and decorating cookies with no fighting was delightful.  Listening to the flow of conversation a beautiful evening.  They deserve a lovely evening and so do I. 






No comments: