Thursday, April 14, 2016

Resilience....

Or Bring it on. 

My first counselor told me his goal was to get me to the point that I could say, "Bring it on."
I doubted him....A LOT.  I didn't believe that I would reach that point.  I melted down.  Collapsed inward....any number of other things that clearly indicated I was on the run, trying to run from my problems as they clanked and rattled behind me.  Today was different.  Several problems slammed at once.  I thought through each situation.  I allowed others to do their part to solve the problem.  I also set appropriate bounders when someone brought up a suggestion that would create more problems than it would solve.  However, I pay a heavy price for bending and molding and reshaping to the challenges of the day.  I came home and collapsed on the couch unable to attend karate.  Not good.  I need to balance my ability to try to solve every problem with the understanding that I have limited resources. I made through a trying day and enjoyed the parts that worked and buckled down tackling the problems I faced when things didn't work.   Mixed day....praying for those that need them today. 

Resilience is the ability to keep your head above water during turbulence. 

No comments: