Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Not always

As I read this I thought about my years with toddlers in the house.  The luxury of nap time and the heart felt desire to be in the bathroom for 5 minutes without the toddler screaming at the door like I murdered them.  I was desperate.  I would line up ten pennies on the bathroom floor for my toddler to grab from the other side....that was how much time I could have alone.  Life with a toddler let the World wait and explore the World with your toddler.  I wish I had played more and worried less. 

Indoor fun with toddlers: https://www.understood.org/en/learning-attention-issues/child-learning-disabilities/sensory-processing-issues/8-sensory-friendly-indoor-games-and-activities



The World Can Wait

by DyanDiamond
Be sure to step outside and pause for a deep breath or two this weekend.  And don't forget to look up.
Take a few minutes to just be - to notice everything around you.   Just breathe.  Take a walk if you can.  Open up your senses and breathe in fresh air.
It's really good for us to let the week go and reset.  We can be much more effective in life when we regroup.
The world can wait while you reconnect with yourself.


Life slowed down after all our children moved out.  Reconnecting with myself is an ongoing process.  I noticed that sometimes when I am stressed I will hold my breath and not realize it, so I joke, "Feeling blue, BREATH." 


No comments: