Sunday, September 9, 2018

Sometimes the answer is not right now

I am over my head and taking in water fast.  Last night I dreamt that a dam was blown up.  Yea you get in over your head very fast in that situation.  It is hard for me to back down and say, "This is too much for me right now."  I noticed that some of the same problems come back into my life.  I want to be able to conquer all challenges.  I went on a mud run with my daughter several years ago.  There was a muddy obstacle course.  I climbed nets, scrambled under barriers, and slogged through mud.  But when I got to a wall my whole body started shaking.  I couldn't do this one.  I would say I did 95% of the course but not that one obstacle that day.  It is still difficult for me to call "Uncle" and give up on a task.  However, sometimes that is something I need to do.  Not this challenge not today.  Maybe another day as I grow and strengthen but not today.

I could give you many quotes about quitters.  You know them, "Quitters never win and winners never quit."  However, painfully I learned that sometimes I need to say, "Not this challenge, not today."  Many times I didn't have an opt out choice.  When I found out I had cancer it was about this time of year 17 years ago.  I was devastated.  There was no back out and not do this option.  The only way I had was through.  But there are times when I can say,  "No."  What comes to mind is the song The Gambler.  
https://www.bing.com/search?q=the+gambler+lyrics&form=EDNTHT&mkt=en-us&httpsmsn=1&refig=ad44af4b48c64387877b70114edd9be2&PC=DCTS&sp=3&ghc=1&qs=AS&pq=the+gambler&sk=ONR2&sc=8-11&cvid=ad44af4b48c64387877b70114edd9be2&cc=US&setlang=en-US

You've got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
And know when to run


I realized I am a situation where I made progress, a lot of progress, but the situation is still much bigger than me.  I am allowing someone else to help me.  I am making plans of approaching things differently.  I am not sticking with the status quo because the status quo isn't working for me.  Be creative, be courageous, and be willing to say, "No."  I don't know how things will pan out.  I will encounter these challenges again I am creating a plan to shore up and strengthen me and accept that we all need a healthy team working together to succeed.  I learned team building from counseling and Team Froglogic.  https://teamfroglogic.com/
https://teamfroglogic.com/videos/self-confidence-videos/




No comments: